By Ruth DiTucci and AI
A semantic decoder is a type of artificial intelligence (AI) system that can translate brain activity into meaningful text or language. These decoders analyze the neural patterns associated with the processing of language and ideas in the brain and attempt to convert them into a coherent, intelligible output.
Semantic decoders are still under development, but they have the potential to revolutionize the way we interact with computers and with each other. For example, they could be used to help people who are mentally conscious but unable to physically speak due to stroke, brain injury, or neurodegenerative diseases to communicate more effectively.
The image below is what AI created when it was asked to prepare an architectural start of a four story building.
There are a number of research groups working on semantic decoders, and there is no single place to get one. However, some of the leading groups include:
- The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- The University of California, Berkeley
- The University of Texas at Austin
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology
If you are interested in learning more about semantic decoders, I recommend checking out the websites of these groups.
As for how you can learn as much as you can from everyone you meet before you sit together to share a cup of coffee, here are a few tips:
- Ask open-ended questions. Instead of asking questions that can be answered with a simple yes or no, ask questions that require the other person to think and elaborate. For example, instead of asking “What do you do for a living?”, ask “Can you tell me more about your work?”
- Listen actively. When the other person is talking, make eye contact, nod your head, and ask clarifying questions. This shows that you are interested in what they have to say.
- Pay attention to nonverbal cues. In addition to listening to what the other person is saying, pay attention to their nonverbal cues, such as their body language and facial expressions. These cues can give you clues about how they are feeling and what they are thinking.
- Be respectful. Even if you disagree with the other person, it is important to be respectful of their opinions and beliefs. This shows that you are open-minded and willing to learn from them.
By following these tips, you can learn as much as you can from everyone you meet, even if you only have a short time together.
Click Image below to “Create a royalty free song and put it up for sale too..”
There isn’t anything an individual can’t create now that Artificial Intelligence is available to everyone everywhere. The world literally now is everyone’s oyster. And consider another aspect of this… “that writers of all kinds are obsolete.”
The entire movie below has been written and directed by Artificial Intelligence.
Photo above created by Shutterstock Artificial Intelligence (AI). It’s the AI created vision of skiers enjoying Nevado de Toluco in Mexico. Click photo for your free trial.