Shortly after Brown’s death, a grand jury began hearing evidence to determine whether Wilson should be indicted in the killing. The grand jury’s decision came back and shocked the entire community into violence.

Michael Brown went to the store and demanded the store staff take his weed in exchange for the cigarillos and beer he wanted. The film maker that’s stepped into the situation now is Jason Pollack. His documentary is called STRANGER FRUIT. He edited the film to leave out the argument between Brown and the store clerks that shows the clerks did not want to accept his weed and it took them quite some time to agree to barter for his weed.

Did Michael Brown steal from the store?  No. He demanded the store accept his form of currency, weed in exchange for his “shopping.”  Notice Pollack lost his composure.

Michael Brown FULL DETAIL Autopsy Report by Syndicated News SNN.BZ on Scribd

Michael Brown Autopsy by Syndicated News SNN.BZ on Scribd

DOJ Report on Shooting of Michael Brown by Syndicated News SNN.BZ


At 11:29 a.m. on Aug. 9, a dispatcher asked Wilson to help other officers search for a man who had reportedly threatened to kill a woman. At 11:47 a.m., Wilson said he would respond to a call for a 2-month-old with breathing problems. Wilson drove his police SUV from the west side of West Florissant Avenue to Glenark Drive, east of Canfield Drive and Copper Creek Court, where the fatal encounter would soon occur.


At 11:53 a.m., a dispatcher reported a “stealing in progress” at the Ferguson Market. The 911 operator was still talking to the caller in the background. In a second broadcast, 19 seconds later, the dispatcher says the suspect is a black male in a white T-shirt running toward QuikTrip, and had stolen a box of Swisher cigars.

autopsy by michael baden adn prof shawn parcells

About four minutes later, there’s more detail: the suspect is wearing a red Cardinals hat, a white T-shirt, yellow socks and khaki shorts, and is accompanied by another man.

At noon, Wilson reports that he’s back in service from the sick-baby call. He then asks the officers searching for the thieves – units 25 and 22 – if they need him. Seven seconds later, an unidentified officer broadcasts that the suspects had disappeared.


At 12:02 p.m., Wilson says, “21. Put me on Canfield with two. And send me another car.” His call triggered at least two officers to head his way, including one who said he was close to Wilson.

Sources have told the Post-Dispatch that Wilson has told authorities that before the radio call he had stopped to tell Brown and his friend, Dorian Johnson, 22, to quit walking down the middle of the street. They kept walking, and he then realized that Brown matched the description of the suspect in the stealing call.

Wilson then asked dispatch for backup and backed up his SUV next to Brown and Johnson.

Wilson said Brown attacked him, sources said, and that they struggled over the officer’s gun before Wilson was able to fire twice, hitting Brown once. Brown ran away.

Wilson has told authorities that he called, “Shots fired, send all cars,” on his radio, but during the struggle his radio had been jarred and the channel changed.

The Post-Dispatch reviewed radio calls made during that period on all St. Louis County police channels, the fire channel used by Ferguson and other channels publicly archived online and could not locate the call. At least one channel on the Ferguson police radio is “receive-only,” meaning that the call may not have been broadcast.

After the call, Wilson pursued Brown on foot.

According to sources, Wilson has said that Brown turned and charged, and that Wilson then fired once, paused when Brown appeared to flinch and fired again, multiple times. He said he then radioed for an ambulance.

Witnesses’ accounts vary widely. Most saw only part of the encounter. Johnson said that Wilson grabbed Brown by the throat, and, later, tried to pull him into the SUV. Johnson also said that Wilson’s fatal shot came after Brown turned around and was getting to the ground with his hands in the air.

Other witnesses have said that Brown stood still or walked, staggered, stumbled or fell toward Wilson before he was killed. Some witnesses said Brown’s hands were up; others said they were not.


Forty-one seconds after Wilson’s call, unit 25 reported that he was about to arrive at Wilson’s location, saying he was “going out on Canfield” and accompanied by the sound of his racing engine.

Forty-eight seconds later, another officer had arrived or was about to, announcing, “22’s out.”

If his smartphone’s clock, or Twitter’s, agreed with the clock on dispatch records, Brown was killed less than 61 seconds after the dispatcher acknowledged that Wilson had stopped two men.

At one minute, 13 seconds after Wilson’s call, an unidentified officer has arrived and asks, “Where’s the other one?” referring to Johnson.

Eleven seconds later, there’s a brief burst of static and an unintelligible bit of speech. A dispatcher responds, “10-4 on Canfield.”

Twenty seconds later, unit 25 called in to ask if the dispatcher could send a supervisor to Canfield and Copper Creek Court.

At 12:05, a dispatcher called for an ambulance, erroneously reporting that someone had been hit with a Taser.

By 12:07 p.m., a woman wailed in the background as an officer called over his radio: “Get us several more units over here. There’s gonna be a problem.”

Michael Brown Is Shot Michael Brown, 18, is shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Mo.
According to reports, Mr. Brown was walking down the middle of Canfield Drive with a friend, Dorian Johnson, when the officer stopped his Chevy Tahoe to order them to the sidewalk.
Within seconds, the encounter turned into a physical struggle, as the officer and Mr. Brown became entangled through the open driver-side window of the police vehicle. How that encounter began is in dispute, though most accounts agree that shots were fired while the officer was in the vehicle.
At some point, Mr. Brown broke away. The officer then got out of the vehicle and fired at Mr. Brown, whose actions at the point are also in dispute. Some witnesses later said that Mr. Brown appeared to be surrendering with his hands in the air as he was hit with the fatal gunshots.
Others say that Mr. Brown was moving toward the officer when he was killed. What is not in dispute is that Mr. Brown was unarmed. His body would lie in the street for four hours. Angry Residents Take to the Streets Residents outraged by the shooting take to the streets, and a portion of West Florissant Avenue becomes a staging area for protests.
“Hands up, don’t shoot” and “No justice, no peace” become rallying cries. As early protests turn increasingly violent, the police respond with heavy-handed tactics – including military-style weapons and equipment — that seem only to ratchet up the unrest. Eventually, both sides would make efforts to reduce the tension of the protests, which continued daily. F.B.I.
Opens Civil Rights Investigation The Federal Bureau of Investigation opens a civil rights inquiry into the shooting of Mr. Brown. A State Trooper Steps In Hours after President Obama denounces the actions of both police and protesters in Ferguson, Gov. Jay Nixon orders the Missouri State Highway Patrol to take over security operations.
Alarm has been rising across the country at images of a mostly white police force, in a predominantly African-American community, aiming military-style weapons at protesters and firing tear gas and rubber bullets. Appointed by Mr. Nixon, Capt. Ronald S. Johnson of the highway patrol immediately signals a change in approach. Troopers are ordered to remove tear-gas masks while armored vehicles and police cars are taken away.
The tactics work for a short time before unrest returns. A curfew is later imposed. At times, Governor Nixon is jeered or shouted down as he tries to reassure residents and urge an end to the violence. Officer Involved in Shooting Is Identified Almost a week after the shooting of Mr. Brown, the officer who shot him is identified as Darren Wilson, who has five years of police experience.
The release of the name is followed by series of incomplete accounts by Thomas Jackson, the Ferguson police chief. These accounts sowed confusion about whether Officer Wilson knew that the teenager was a suspect in a robbery at a local convenience store that took place moments before the shooting. Brown’s Family Releases Autopsy Details
A preliminary private autopsy shows that Mr. Brown was shot at least six times, including twice in the head. Dr. Michael M. Baden, a former chief New York City medical examiner who conducted the autopsy for the family, says one bullet entered the top of Mr. Brown’s skull, suggesting that his head was bent forward when it struck him and caused a fatal injury.
Dr. Baden says Mr. Brown was also shot four times in the right arm, and that all the bullets were fired into his front. This is the first time that some of the critical information resulting in Mr. Brown’s death has been made public, but the release of the preliminary autopsy results does little to explain the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
National Guard Is Ordered to Ferguson After a curfew fails to quiet the streets, Governor Nixon brings in the National Guard, though in the limited role of protecting the police command post. Hours later, he lifts the curfew. The National Guard is ordered to withdraw in four days. Accounts of Shooting Differ As a county grand jury prepared to hear evidence, witnesses interviewed by investigators provide sharply conflicting accounts of the shooting.
Some seem to agree on how the fatal altercation initially unfolded: with a struggle between Officer Wilson and Mr. Brown. Officer Wilson was inside his patrol car at the time, while Mr. Brown, who was unarmed, was leaning in through an open window. Many witnesses also agreed on what happened next: Officer Wilson’s firearm went off inside the car, Mr. Brown ran away, the officer got out of his car and began firing toward Mr. Brown, and then Mr. Brown stopped and turned to face the officer.
But accounts of the crucial moments that followed differ sharply. Some witnesses say that Mr. Brown moved toward Officer Wilson, possibly in a threatening manner, when he was shot.
Others say that Mr. Brown was not moving and that he might have even had his hands up. Protesters Descend on Ferguson Driven in part by posts on Twitter and other social media outlets, protesters from across the country descend on Ferguson, transforming a purely local protest into a center of national activism.
The new protesters include rap and hip-hop stars as well as veterans of the Occupy Wall Street movement. While they are welcomed by some in Ferguson, others are deeply suspicious of their motives and question their behavior. Attorney General Arrives and Promises Full Inquiry Promising a full and fair investigation, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. arrives in St. Louis to meet with community leaders and federal investigators.
While in Missouri, he tries to reassure Ferguson residents about the investigation into Michael Brown’s death and says he understands why many black Americans do not trust the police. While he promises a full inquiry, Mr. Holder also tries to temper expectations that charges will be filed. Mourning and Calls for Action at Brown’s Funeral Thousands pay their respects to Mr. Brown.
Infused with Scripture and song, the funeral is a mix of intimate reflections and national policy plans. Relatives reminisce in choked voices about Mr. Brown’s wide smile as a picture from his high school graduation flashes on two wide screens, as leaders urge those gathered to memorialize his life by carrying forward a vocal, strong and unified effort to seek change across the country.
Justice Department Opens Inquiry The Justice Department announces that it will open a broad civil rights investigation that will examine whether the Ferguson police have a history of discrimination or misuse of force beyond the Michael Brown case.
The inquiry is in addition to the F.B.I. civil rights investigation that is looking specifically into the shooting of Mr. Brown. Ferguson Leaders Try to Reach Out Responding to complaints that the Ferguson police are out of touch with the African-American community, the City Council agrees to establish a citizen review board to provide guidance.
In addition, the council announces sweeping changes to its court system, which had been criticized as unfairly targeting low-income blacks, who had become trapped in a cycle of unpaid tickets and arrest warrants. Young black men in Ferguson and surrounding cities routinely find themselves passed from jail to jail as they are picked up on warrants for unpaid fines, one of the many simmering issues in the city.
Ferguson Police Chief Apologizes Thomas Jackson, the Ferguson police chief, issues a stark apology to the family of Michael Brown, saying in a videotaped statement that he was sorry for the death of Mr. Brown and for the four hours that his body lay in the street after he was fatally shot. “I want to say this to the Brown family.
No one who has not experienced the loss of a child can understand what you’re feeling,” he said, facing the camera and standing in front of an American flag. “I am truly sorry for the loss of your son. I’m also sorry that it took so long to remove Michael from the street. The time that it took involved very important work on the part of investigators who were trying to collect evidence and gain a true picture of what happened that day.
But it was just too long, and I’m truly sorry for that.” A Shift in Police Oversight of Protests The St. Louis County Police Department takes control of security surrounding protests in Ferguson, Mo. Chief Thomas Jackson of the Ferguson Police Department asked the county to step in, citing a “lack of manpower and resources” at the disposal of the relatively small Ferguson police force, said Brian Schellman, a spokesman for the county police.
The Ferguson police had been criticized for their heavy-handed tactics in dealing with protesters. Call for Review of Police Tactics and Training Speaking to mayors and police chiefs gathered in Little Rock, Ark., Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. says the Justice Department is working with major police associations to conduct a broad review of policing tactics, techniques and training.
The review is intended to “help the field swiftly confront emerging threats, better address persistent challenges, and thoroughly examine the latest tools and technologies to enhance the safety and the effectiveness of law enforcement.”
Criticism of the Use of Military-Style Equipment by Police Images of violent clashes between officers in full body armor, with military-style equipment, pointing guns at residents in Ferguson protesting the shooting of Michael Brown, leads to calls for the demilitarization of local police forces around the country. At a Senate hearing in Washington, the Department of Homeland Security tried to ease criticism of the program by reminding lawmakers that the use of the equipment had been instrumental in the capture of suspects after the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing.
A ‘Weekend of Resistance’ Thousands of people take part in events around the St. Louis area to protest the killing of Mr. Brown and to raise awareness of police treatment of African-Americans. During one event, some younger protesters, part of a group that had appeared night after night for sometimes rowdy protests, called out to the older faces on the stage, criticizing older activists for not being radical enough. During one protest, Cornell William Brooks, the president of the N.A.A.C.P., and the professor and author Cornel West were among 43 people arrested outside the Ferguson Police Department.
Policeman Offers His Account Police Officer Darren Wilson, who fatally shot Mr. Brown, tells investigators that he was pinned in his vehicle and in fear for his life as he struggled over his gun with Mr. Brown, said government officials briefed on the federal civil rights investigation. Officer Wilson, in the first public account of his testimony, says that Mr. Brown reached for the gun during a scuffle.
The gun was fired twice in the car. Officer Wilson told the authorities that Mr. Brown had punched and scratched him repeatedly, leaving swelling on his face and cuts on his neck. The officer’s version contradicts some witness accounts, and does not explain why, after he emerged from his vehicle, he fired at Mr. Brown multiple times.
Governor Activates National Guard Gov. Jay Nixon declares a state of emergency, allowing him to activate the Missouri National Guard in preparation for the grand jury’s decision on whether to indict Officer Wilson. He also mobilized the National Guard in August.
The declaration adds to the mounting tension over the announcement of the decision, which officials maintain is expected in mid- to late November. At this point, many in Ferguson say they expect the grand jury to decide against indicting the Ferguson officer, Darren Wilson, and they anticipate a show of anger and protest afterward. Some protesters say that calling up the Guard before a grand jury decision was an antagonistic move that presumed that demonstrations would be violent.
“My hope and expectation is that peace will prevail,” Mr. Nixon said after announcing the decision. “But I have a responsibility to plan for any contingency that might arise.” No Charges Against Ferguson Officer in Michael Brown Shooting The grand jury decided to not indict Darren Wilson.
Protesters had been mobilizing for weeks and the St. Louis area in general has been cloaked in anxiety for months as it has waited for a decision by the grand jury, which was made up of nine whites and three blacks.


Facebook Comments